“How can I help you be successful?” When the only differentiator in your organization typically is your talent, these words carry significant meaning when such a small percentage of the workforce feels inspired to do their jobs every day. Many more feel coerced or actually fear the organization.
Finding out what inspires your employees, and connecting their roles within the organization to their purpose and motivation will help you retain your top talent. Below is one of Gallup’s 12 question employee engagement questionnaires to help in taking the initial steps of determining employee engagement.
The Gallup Q12 Employee Engagement Questionnaire
- Do you know what is expected of you at work?
- Do you have the materials and equipment to do your work right?
- At work, do you have the opportunity to do what you do best every day?
- In the last seven days, have you received recognition or praise for doing good work?
- Does your supervisor, or someone at work, seem to care about you as a person?
- Is there someone at work who encourages your development?
- At work, do your opinions seem to count?
- Does the mission/purpose of your company make you feel your job is important?
- Are your associates (fellow employees) committed to doing quality work?
- Do you have a best friend at work?
- In the last six months, has someone at work talked to you about your progress?
- In the last year, have you had opportunities to learn and grow?
Gallup, Inc. https://q12.gallup.com