When working with our clients and candidates to find the best person for the position, we are often made aware of how a great candidate can be lost in the process. Here are 7 tips to make sure this does not happen to you!
1. Step up the interview process. An outstanding candidate has been identified, so you have to move swiftly! You do not want to lose the candidate to another company who has streamlined their processes to hire fast. Only have the key decision makers involved, so the interview process does not get drawn out.
2. A resume does not tell all! Not only do you need someone with the skills and expertise, but you also need someone who is a fit for your culture. Do not prejudge a candidate based upon a resume only. References can be very beneficial and can help with questions on culture. Hire candidates that have done their research on the client company, prepare questions ahead of time and can provide added value answers to the interviewers’ questions.
3. Not sure the person will work out? Many candidates are interested in starting out in a temporary position to determine if the role is the best fit for the candidate as well as the company.
4. Really need a full-time person to join your company? Do not limit yourself to finding candidates using only the temporary to hire method for bringing people into your organization. You will miss out on many great candidates who are currently working and are ready to make a job change.
5. Have knowledgeable people in charge of the hiring process even if you have to outsource to a staffing and search organization to do the recruiting for you. Look for firms that specialize in the area you are recruiting for in your organization.
6. Competitive compensation: Need we say more? Ask the recruiters you work with to provide salary information to help you with compensation trends.
7. How is Your Employment Brand? What is happening on Yelp and Glassdoor when you look up your organization? Do you have great reviews? Are you encouraging employees to review your organization? Are your responding to any reviews that are not positive?
The key to success is always good people! Matching highly skilled and competent professionals with equally competent and ethical employers will not only grow your business, it creates a great culture where people want to work!
If you are in need of finding great candidates, contact the award-winning HR recruiters at Arlington Resources today!