Employee experience involves how and why things get done at work. This includes every touchpoint your employees have throughout their time working for your company.
A positive work environment, meaningful work, and supportive management contribute to a great employee experience. Trust in leadership and growth opportunities are important as well.
One way to elevate employee experience is through collaborative goal-setting. This provides your employees a say in what they work toward and the targets they aim for.
Collaborative goal setting encompasses the aspects mentioned above that contribute to an attractive employee experience. These are reasons why you should begin setting goals with your employees today.
Discover how collaborative goal-setting helps improve the employee experience.
Goal Setting Impacts Career Success
Helping your employees understand what they are working toward and why it matters impacts job satisfaction.
- Having clear reasons to reach their goals gives your employees motivation, especially during difficult times.
- Establishing the steps needed to reach their goals maps out which actions employees should take and when.
- Setting milestones lets your employees know how successful they are in making progress toward their goals.
- Celebrating your employees’ successes provides encouragement to continue moving forward.
Achievement of Short- and Long-Term Goals Improves Retention
Employees usually need to achieve a series of short-term goals in order to reach their long-term goals.
- Short-term goals typically take 6 months to 3 years to attain.
- Long-term goals typically take 3 to 5 years to achieve.
- The more short-term goals your employees reach, the more encouraged they are to build on their successes.
- The more long-term goals your employees reach, the more likely they are to remain with your organization.
Creation of SMART Goals Impacts Accomplishments
Work with your employees to develop specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time-bound (SMART) goals.
- Clarify exactly what each employee is working toward, so they know when they successfully reach it.
- Include numbers or other hard data to measure success.
- Make sure each goal can be obtained through the steps created and within the given timeframe.
- Tie each goal to your company goals.
- Ensure each goal can be achieved in the established time period.
- Schedule regular check-ins with your employees to determine their progress. Talk about where they are at and where they should be.
- Give praise when appropriate. Provide guidance to get back on track when necessary.
Looking for Accounting and Finance Talent?
Helping your employees set and attain short- and long-term goals enhances employee experience. When your employees understand the reasoning behind the targets they are working to reach, your employees are more likely to continue making progress toward their objectives. This helps increase engagement and retention rates.
If you are looking for accounting and finance talent, talk with Casey Accounting & Finance Resources. Reach out to find out more today.