As we begin 2015, companies are preparing their budgets for the coming year. One thing they are preparing for is hiring new employees. Within the accounting industry, there are a couple of hiring trends that employers should anticipate for 2015. We will discuss them in this post so you can prepare to hire the best talent available for your open jobs.
Hot Accounting Jobs for 2015
In 2015, the following jobs in the accounting industry will be hiring in large numbers, so be sure your company is ready to bring in the best talent.
- Staff accountant: salary range of $46,220-$60,882 with an average of $54,257
- Accounts payable manager: salary range of $53,994-$95,575 with an average of $74,030
- Payroll manager: salary range of $59,612-$102,132 with an average of $80,433
- Collections specialist: salary range of $24,175-$42,828 with an average of $33,048
- Tax accountant: salary range of $38,633-$59,592 with an average of $48,774
- Mortgage loan processor: salary range of $39,252-$60,352 with an average of $34,623
- Auditing director: salary range of $94,803-$180,574 with an average of $133,183
- Compliance manager: salary range of $75,567-$95,467 with an average of $79,889
- Financial reporting supervisor: salary range of $77,420-$124,639 with an average of $99,519
- Business data analyst: salary range of $45,156-$70,331 with an average of $58,325
Salary Increases in Accounting
Within the accounting industry, there are a handful of jobs that are expected to see significant raises in salary once 2015 arrives. Those jobs and salary increases include the following:
- Audit/Assurance Services at a midsize firm: Any professional in this position who has held the job for three years will see a raise of 2.9 percent, which is a range of $56,750-$74,750.
- Tax Services Manager at a midsize firm: Any professional who works in this profession can expect to see a raise of 3.9 percent in 2015. The salary range will increase to $88,750-$123,250.
- Management Service Professionals at large firms: People who have worked this job for at least three years can see a salary increase of 3.1 percent in 2015. The salary range will increase to $65,750-$82,500.
- Senior Manager/Director in Audit/Assurance Services at a small firm: These professionals can see a 3.6 percent salary increase that will move the range to $94,250-$134,500.
- Bookkeepers at firms of all sizes: Raises of 3.0 percent in 2015 are expected for these professionals to increase the salary range to $40,750-$61,250.
As you prepare your budgets for 2015, you need to prepare for all of the hiring trends within accounting so you can bring in the proper talent for your firm.