Adding contract employees to your accounting and finance team provides value for your organization. Because of the flexibility contract roles provide, more employees are choosing these roles over full-time employment. As a result, you have an increasing pool of professionals to choose from.
Hiring contract accounting and finance employees provides you with access to specialized skills needed to take on additional projects. The reduced cost helps improve your bottom line.
Discover the value contract accounting and finance employees can bring to your organization:
Adding contract employees to your accounting and finance team increases flexibility in your hiring process. The main reason is that you can hire a contract employee faster than you can hire a full-time employee:
- The staffing agency recruiter sends you a small number of vetted candidates to interview.
- You offer a contract to the desired candidate.
- The recruiter negotiates the contract on the candidate’s behalf.
- The contract employee goes through an accelerated onboarding and training process to begin producing.
- When the contract ends, the employee can secure a contract with another company.
- Your full-time employees remain busy without feeling overwhelmed.
Hiring contract employees can provide you with candidates who have niche accounting and finance skills:
- The contract employee can help fill your team’s skills gap.
- You can take on additional projects that require hard-to-find skills.
- Your ability to hire a contract employee with the exact skills and experience you are looking for ensures you add the right member to your team.
Hiring contract employees typically costs less than hiring full-time employees:
- Although contract employees usually have higher wages or salaries than full-time employees, your company typically doesn’t pay for health insurance, provide access to the company’s retirement plan, or offer paid time off or other benefits. The staffing firm often provides some of these benefits.
- The staffing firm is responsible for the contract employee’s employer and employee taxes.
- These employees usually require less onboarding and training than full-time employees to begin producing.
- You are not responsible for contract employees’ unemployment claims.
Are You Ready to Hire Contract Accounting and Finance Employees?
Hiring contract employees provides your accounting and finance team with additional flexibility and niche skills. The money you can save makes adding contract employees to your team an attractive choice.
When you need to hire contract employees, turn to Casey Accounting & Finance Resources. Learn more today.