Our client located in Buffalo Grove, IL is looking for a Tax Manager to join their team!
Ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Proactively manage all aspects of U.S. and foreign indirect tax, controversy, and planning.
- Partners cross functionally with other internal departments to support the department and the Company’s strategic goals.
- Monitor pending and enacted tax legislation for indirect taxes. Lead cross functional teams and external advisors to identify, document, and implement any changes required.
- Manage indirect tax audits.
- Manage and maintain policies and procedures associated with indirect tax functions, including documentation required.
- Drive process improvement strategies that increase efficiencies, accuracy and simplify work streams.
- Identify and communicate tax advice, feedback, and solutions with key stakeholders.
- Manage, prepare, review, and insure timely filing and payment of all applicable state and federal sales/use tax returns, excise tax returns, property tax returns, tax registrations, annual reports, and other compliance tasks as necessary.
- Work with internal resources to gather and verify information necessary for international compliance matters.
- Partner with other accounting and finance professionals to ensure that all tax obligations are recorded accurately and timely and othe related activities such as monthly sales/use tax compliance.
- Review company VAT returns, Consumption Tax and WHT returns prepared by company’s external tax advisors prior to timely filings.
- Perform tax research and prepare memos/documentation as requested.
- Tracking / Coordinating engagement letters and tax advisor fees related to indirect tax responsibilities.
- Maintain internal tax calendar to ensure all tax reporting and compliance requirements are completed accurately and in advance of established due dates.
- Supports Tax Director on monthly, quarterly, and annual Tax Accounting calculations and disclosures as needed.
- Supports Tax Director on federal, state, and international income tax matters as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proven work experience in a Corporate Tax Department or Public Accounting Firm.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer experience.
- Knowledge of SAP and MS Office (MS Excel in particular).
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters OneSource Tax software, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global matrix environment
Casey Accounting & Finance Resources specializes in the placement of Accounting, Finance, Credit and Payroll professionals for direct placement, temporary services and Accounting and Finance consulting. Since 1975, Casey Accounting & Finance Resources has successfully partnered with companies of all sizes from start-up to Fortune 100. With our specialization of filling Accounting Jobs in Chicago IL and Finance Jobs in Chicago IL, the Casey team has established relationships with the highest caliber of professionals in the field. To apply to this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Job # and Position Title in subject line, or click link below.