Looking for some ideas on how to better manage your life and/or change, advance, or manage your career? We wanted to offer our list of books or podcasts to consider. Hopefully, you’ll find ideas, action items, tips, and hints that you can put into practice.
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
Check out these podcasts compiled by Alexandra Nemeth, Senior Manager, Content Marketing & Storytelling at MovingWorlds. Add a favorite to your playlist.
- Squiggly Careers is a weekly podcast to help you take control of your career development. Hosts Sarah Ellis and Helen Tupper cover all things work: from how to manage stress and overcome your confidence gremlins to micro-aggressions and discovering your strengths.
- Happen To Your Career is a podcast for anyone thinking, “there has to be something out there that’s better.” Host Scott Anthony Barlow provides the inspiration, tools, and roadmaps to move from where you are to work that matters to you and uniquely fits your strengths and talents.
- Pivot with Jenny Blake, author of Pivot: The Only Move That Matters Is Your Next One, you’ll learn how to embrace fear, insecurity, imperfection, and intuition as the superpowers they are while pivoting.
- The Career Warrior Podcast’s goal is to help job seekers land their dream jobs and to help them live their best life.
- In Career Talk, host Stephanie Dennis is on a mission to empower people to take control of their careers by offering holistic career advice. Topics include job hunting, career development, dealing with a bad day, perfecting your resume, preparing for an interview, and more.
- In The Marie Forleo Podcast, Marie and her guests share actionable strategies for greater happiness, success, motivation, creativity, productivity, love, health, contribution, and fulfillment — often with a lot of laughs.
- In Switch, Pivot, or Quit, host Ahyiana Angel offers an intimate look at navigating career transitions on your own terms, with candid conversations for when you’re deciding if you need to Switch, Pivot, or Quit.
- Hosted by Mel Savage, former senior Fortune 500 Executive turned Founder and CEO of The Career Reset, this podcast is your one-stop shop for creating a career that gives you meaning and purpose and still pays the bills.
- The Evolved Career is a podcast meant to inspire, entertain, teach and motivate you to move forward powerfully and confidently to get the career and the life you want.
- The Career Change Maker podcast helps you answer questions like: How do I find my dream job? How do I change careers? How can I pivot without taking a pay cut? Is now really the right time for a career change? Each week, host Janine Esbrand brings you career change tips, strategies, and inspirational stories that can help you to get unstuck and transition into work that you love.
And here is a bonus podcast, Women @ Work. Hosts Amy Bernstein and Amy Gallo have conversations on where we’re at and how we move forward.
In a Forbes article, Laura Garnett, author of Find Your Zone of Genius and The Genius Habit, shares her top reads for navigating challenging times.
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building A Business When There Are No Easy Answers By Ben Horowitz
- Grit: The Power Of Passion and Perseverance By Angela Duckworth
- More Than Enough: Claiming Space For Who You Are (No Matter What They Say) By Elaine Welteroth
- Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self To Your Biggest Challenges By Amy Cuddy
- How We Make Stuff Now: Turn Ideas Into Products That Build Successful Businesses By Jules Pieri
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results By Gary Kelly And Jay Papasan
- The Third Door: The Wild Quest To Uncover How The World’s Most Successful People Launched Their Careers By Alex Banayan
- Barking Up The Wrong Tree: The Surprising Science Behind Why Everything You Know About Success Is (Mostly) Wrong By Eric Barker
- Switchers: How Smart Professionals Change Careers—And Seize Success By Dr. Dawn Graham
- Go Put Your Strengths To Work: 6 Powerful Steps To Achieve Outstanding Performance By Marcus Buckingham
- The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick) By Seth Godin
A bonus book is from Marshall Goldsmith, What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Get Even More Successful.
Career and life inspirations come in many forms. Perhaps there is something in these lists that inspires you or helps you inspire others. Enjoy!